Sunday, August 28, 2005

In olden days a glimpse of stocking...

I just got back from a wedding weekend in Philly. It was enjoyable (I laughed, I cried, I ate, I danced), but one of the highlights for me was without a doubt the moment (after I got dressed and primped, and was about to walk out the door to go to the ceremony), when I said "screw it" and took off my stockings. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I did a little happy dance and ran around the room yelling "I'm free," so excited that I did not have to hear my thighs swishing against each other (a sound worse than scratching on chalkboard to me).

I have not worn pantyhose in a while, so perhaps I am just not used to them. Or maybe I picked a brand that did not agree with me. They were Berkshire Ultra Sheers. A great deal, I thought, at Macy's, $5.95. But now that pair (and the spares) are going right into the trash. They felt rough like cardboard, and how am I supposed to feel sexy in that? How can I do the hustle, or even the hora, while trying to keep my legs from touching? It's just not possible, at least not in those loathsome Bershires.

Then at the wedding, I noticed that most women were not even wearing stockings. Is going stockingless the new thing? I sure hope so, or else I'll have to return to the fishnet stockings of my Rocky Horror days... now those were comfy and really made me feel like boogie oogie oogie-ing.
posted by Danielle @ 5:05 PM |

10 comments

<< Home