Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Workplace etiquette II: Cabbie edition


I think cabbie etiquette should dictate the following...

1. Whistling while you work is ONLY acceptable if you are a dwarf in a fairytale.

2. Yelling into your cell phone in other languages as you slam on the breaks, is not only rude, but can be scary.

3. If you don't want strangers to blast elevator muzak, Christmas carols, or even house music in your ears, please don't blast them in mine.

4. Pulling up next to friends driving other cabs, and yelling to them through the windows, should be done when you're off duty, NOT when you have a fare in the back who has to get to a photoshoot.

5. Zig zagging like a ball off a flipper in a pinball game, can really put a passenger on TILT!

So, if you are thinking of becoming a cabbie, or already are a cabbie, please keep those things in mind, and let me know if you have any others to add to the list.

*************************************************************

Personal note: I made the big job decision mentioned in the previous post, and officially declared my two weeks notice today. Yipee! So, off to another magazine I go, from "Photo Assistant" to "Assistant Photo Editor," from Freelance to Staff, from 4 to 15 issues a year... Yikes! But I'm excited. Actually, I don't think it will really sink in till I'm there, but it's still a good excuse to celebrate (which means sitting on my couch watching TV with my dog and a glass of wine). Cheers...
posted by Danielle @ 12:03 AM |

31 comments

<< Home