Monday, November 14, 2005

Brush-a brush-a brush-a

After weeks of delaying the inevitable, I finally cleaned my hair brush yesterday.

Hairbrush cleaning is not one of my favorite activities, especially when my brush gets out of control, and looks like Cousin It has borrowed it. At those times, I consider going out and buying a new one instead of cleaning it, but not this time. I wouldn't let myself. I have come to appreciate this particular round Conair brush with a black and green handle too much to toss it aside because it got too hairy.

So my Sunday activity was to go in, with scissors and comb, and free it from its matted cocoon. I prodded and picked, pinched and pulled, and finally section by section, re-revealed the shiny surface below.

It had me thinking about how great it would be to have a self-cleaning hairbrush. They make self-cleaning kitty litter boxes, self-cleaning ovens and irons, and even are working on self-cleaning suits, so why not self-cleaning hairbrushes? Any inventors, I expect you will begin working on this immediately, and of course give me credit for the inspiration. I did a search to see if one existed, and the only thing I could find was the Twist N Clean(pictured above), which claims to be self-cleaning, but does not explain how it works. I don't know if I can believe that a twist alone can prevent a brush from getting to the surgery stages that mine was at. So inventors, please get on that for me, and get back to me when the prototype is ready to test.
posted by Danielle @ 12:26 AM |

19 comments

<< Home