Friday, September 02, 2005

Gays caused Katrina?

I am so upset about this, I can barely form words. After reading A True Jersey Girl's most recent post, I went to www.repentamerica.com. I was greeted by a page with an American flag, and two links. CHRISTIANS: ENTER HERE, and ALL OTHERS: ENTER HERE. I clicked "OTHERS" and was taken to a page called "Are you good Enough to get into Heaven?" But this is not what is making me on the verge of tears at work. On their home page, under Press Release, there is an "article" called HURRICANE KATRINA DESTROYS NEW ORLEANS DAYS BEFORE "SOUTHERN DECADENCE"
It begins...
"NEW ORLEANS - Just days before "Southern Decadence", an annual homosexual celebration attracting tens of thousands of people to the French Quarters section of New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina destroys the city..."
And it goes on from there. This is not a joke. It really scares me that people can think this way. I wanted to write them a letter of disgust, but their e-mail contact has been disabled from volume of e-mail... hopefully hate mail. And I am someone who doesn't even like to use the word hate usually.
It ended with...
"Let us not forget that the citizens of New Orleans tolerated and welcomed the wickedness in their city for so long," Marcavage (director of Repent America) said. "May this act of God cause us all to think about what we tolerate in our city limits, and bring us trembling before the throne of Almighty God," Marcavage concluded.
"[God] sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:45)

How could anyone possibly think this is what God intended? I'm just speechless...
posted by Danielle @ 1:11 PM |

8 comments

<< Home