Sunday, August 14, 2005

Train wreck of the week...


Has anyone watched this new show: Hooking Up? It follows 11 New York City women for a year as they explore online dating. The problem (and I'm sure it is exaggerated by the editing) is that each and every one of these women comes across as totally neurotic and crazy. Not to say that I am not neurotic and crazy at times. Trust me... I am. But one woman on the show, a 37 year-old opera singer, is on a first date and tells the guy that she has been a Dominatrix, and then she brings him back to her leather-filled abode for some kinky fun. Then in the next scene, the same woman says "6 months ago, I met this amazing guy and... he's moving in with me." I could get no sense of time at all. It frustrates me to no end... but for some reason, I keep watching it. It is just like seeing an accident and wanting to know what will happen. I think a lot of television shows are banking on that these days. Am I a horrible person for succumbing to this absurdity? Yeah, probably. I guess you could say...

I've been hooked.

And on the subject of hooking up:
Your Kissing Purity Score: 37% Pure

You're not one to kiss and tell...

But word is, you kiss pretty well.
Kissing Purity Test

You'll never know...
posted by Danielle @ 10:50 PM |

11 comments

<< Home