Saturday, August 06, 2005

Come Visit the Big Apple

Tourists in Manhattan are a breed apart.

I am taking a photography workshop at the ICP, so I was in a nearby park today taking portraits of random people, when a man starts motioning for me to take pictures of him and his wife. So, I start taking photos of them, and the whole time they are speaking Spanish at a level that is way above my 9th and 10th grade EspaƱol class understanding. After taking a few, I motion to my notebook, saying "e-mail? e-mail?" And they nod yes. He begins to write as a look around, scoping out my next shots (a girl with a doll, and a papillon). When I look back, he had written a full street address and started pushing money at me saying "much? much?"

In case you were wondering... I didn't end up taking the money, and I will send him prints. He is lucky I am who I am. But hey, it's not a bad idea... someone could make a pretty penny walking around the city taking pictures of tourists, and telling them they'll get the prints "in the mail." I do expect a percentage if any of you use my scheme, errrr, I mean, business opportunity. Any takers?









P.S. this is a photo i took today of a girl in my class
posted by Danielle @ 6:44 PM |

8 comments

<< Home