Sunday, April 29, 2007

spanx me, baby

I have to admit, the real reason I was able to convince myself to put on a dress for the shower, was that I wanted to try out my new purchase... my Spanx.

Our magazine ran a feature about finding the perfect bra, in which we featured a store in Manhattan called "Intimacy" that supposedly has great fitters. So, when I found myself 15 minutes before my wedding dress fitting without a bra or anything, I headed right over to beg them to help me out with my bra-mergency... And help they did.

The fitter looked me up and down, and without even measuring, the first bra she handed me was perfect. If you can imagine, it was a size E!?! But she explained that it was because they deal with European sizes. She was also the one who suggested Spanx. If you don't know what they are, they suck you in and smoothe you out, and are surprisingly comfortable. The best thing about Spanx "Higher Power" is that they come all the way up to your bra, so there is no spillage over the top. They may not be the sexiest thing, especially trying to put them on, which for me meant grunting and groaning (not in a good way), but they work well, so I'm a fan.

I was out the door in 10 minutes, with a bra, Spanx, a pair of blue lacy Hany Pankys to be my "something blue," as well as a few pairs of socks and a cute lacy top... and, as always, a much lighter wallet, but it was worth it. There's nothing better than the perfect undergarments to complement the look and feeling of a special day!
posted by Danielle @ 9:55 PM |

2 comments

<< Home