Monday, October 17, 2005

Today is a three alarm day

I have another confession to make... I've got alarm clock issues.

First of all, I can't set just one alarm at night. I can't do it. I have to set at least two, to avoid panic. At least. Sometimes three or four. Or I'll be jerking up in the morning wondering if I missed it, or forgot to set it, or somehow turned it off in an Ambien induced daze.

Setting multiple alarms makes sense though, right? Makes for less chance of a major morning mishap, which leads to the major morning meltdown, which nobody wants to see. But, there is another alarm requirement... The minimum two alarms can absolutely not be on clocks that are plugged into wall outlets. God forbid there is a power outage!? They must be travel clocks or phone alarms. Preferably, at least one of each. First to go off should be the travel clock, and then two to three minutes later the phone alarm should chime in, which must be plugged into the charger all the way across the room, to force the riser to get out of his or her bed to turn it off.

But, there is one more requirement when it comes to setting my alarms... The alarms can not be set to a normal round time like 8:00 or 8:15. They MUST be set to odd times like 8:03 or 8:07. I don't know when this started or why, but it has become a condition. I have felt so uncomfortable by an alarm being set to a "normal" time, that I have made myself go change it in order to stop thinking about it, so I could settle my mind to sleep.

Yes, I may be a bit strange, but at least I'm always awake and on time now... Anybody else have similar quirks or routines that have become requirements?
posted by Danielle @ 12:39 AM |

19 comments

<< Home