Tuesday, September 19, 2006

time after time

What is with the resurgence of '80s-looking clothes this fall? Leggings and tights, layered skirts, shirts off one shoulder, crazy patterns, blue eyeshadow, and even *gasp* socks with heals? Yikes! The craziest part is that on certain people the 80's look is totally hot. I never thought I would utter such words. My intern, for example, is totally able to pull off the leggings look. I, on the other hand, would never think of attempting such a thing. If someone like me (read, not a teen or stick thin) tried them on, I would look like a huge mess, literally. Not a pretty picture. And no matter what the reality was, I would feel like one of those bulging women who wear leggings with oversized sweatshirts of ironed on cats and flowers. Gross. I think there should be a warning on trendy clothes. Something like, WARNING: Only wear if you are a 14-18 year-old girl, who resembles a twig or an alien. I mean, seriously, have you seen the models from this year's fashion week in Bryant Park? Scary. I wouldn't want to shake their hands, because I'd be scared that I would break them. I thought that look went out with the leggings of the '80s, but I guess that is making a comeback as well. What is this world coming to? Fortunately, there is still at least one person at a magazine who refuses to succumb.

However, when slap-bracelets make a reappearance, I'm totally there.
posted by Danielle @ 12:28 AM |

6 comments

<< Home