Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

Emotions are high in New York today. For me, it hit home, so to speak, as the PATH train was pulling into the World Trade Center station this morning, and my ipod randomly started playing Aretha Franklin's "Amazing Grace." It was my normal commute, but it did not feel normal at all. I couldn't help but think of the people who were making the very same commute, at the very same time (8:46AM), five years ago.

As we pulled into the station, I could see rows of flags and people lined up across the vast expanse that is Ground Zero, mostly men and women in uniform, where there would normally just be a smattering of construction workers and cranes. There were also tons of people crowding around outside the sight, many of whom were holding signs.

I took several photos this morning with my phone, including one of a huge sign that said "The Bush Regime Engineered 9-11", but my Razr has decided not to let me share them. So, for the time being, I will post this photo I took of last year's tribute.More to come...
posted by Danielle @ 4:11 PM |

0 comments

<< Home