Tuesday, April 25, 2006

goody, goody, gumdrops

After all of the drama with my last hairbrush cleaning episode, I was ready for a new brush. So when I heard that one of the magazines in the building where I work was going to have a beauty sale, I knew that it would be the perfect opportunity. There would be piles of merchandise for 1-5 dollars, that would go to charity, just waiting for me, if I could maneuver through the crowd.

I knew it would not be easy. 50 women with bags would be waiting at the doors, ready to storm the conference room, and grab without thinking. It was set to start at 12:30. I arrived at 12:15. I was not the first. 12:20, the crowd was getting bigger. Anticipation was building. 12:28, 29, 30, and we're off... I entered the room, being pushed toward the right, where there were toys and nailpolish bottles heaped in boxes. I next encountered chairs stacked with tupperware, then was face to face with the face creams and hair gel. I knew I was on the right track, yet I was not navigating fast enough. Hands were grabbing and plucking things as if they were going out of style. That's when I finally saw it. A single blue box with a brush inside, round, bristled, that was enough for me... Sold.

Once home, sitting at my vanity, I pulled the purchase from my bag. The first thing I saw was the name Goody on it, which I have to admit, I was less than thrilled about. I have always associated Goody with those rubberbands that little girls wear, with bright plastic balls on them. But for a dollar, it was worth a try. So I started scanning the packaging. There was something about less snagging, evenly distributing heat, and ergonomic design, but what really caught my attention was the quick release button on the top. A button? I took the brush out of the box to give it a try. Suddenly, the bristles went in, like a turtle into it's shell... I was taken aback. Had I unintentionally stumbled upon the answer to my hairbrush woes?

Yesterday would be the big test. My first actual brush cleaning experience with the Goody. I pushed the button and began to guide the hair. I needed no scissors, no comb, and it took me less than 30 seconds to extricate the brush from the hair. A feature that was supposed to help prevent tangles, ended up making cleaning a breeze. So, if you too have brush cleaning issues... You gotta getta Goody (opt for Ouchless round).
posted by Danielle @ 1:00 AM |

6 comments

<< Home