Thursday, April 13, 2006

Walk to D'Feat ALS

I have been quite the busy Jersey girl these days. Between a redesign at the magazine, photo stuff, and wedding plans, I have had my hands quite full. But, there is always time for more, right? Especially when it has to do with a cause that is close to your heart.

On June 3rd, I have decided to do the Walk to D'Feat ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), in memory of my father, who passed away from the disease in 2001.

If you don't know, ALS is a fatal, neuromuscular disease, which attacks the motor neurons making even the simplest movements of walking, speaking and gesturing impossible. Ultimately the body becomes paralyzed, yet through it all, the mind remains unaffected.

So, that's what I've been up to recently. Just thought I would share. If you would like to visit my personal Walk site, which includes a photo of me from my blond days, you can click here.
posted by Danielle @ 12:47 AM |

6 comments

<< Home